Abbcon Associates Privacy Statement
Abbcon Associates Pty Ltd are committed to protecting the privacy of our clients by pursuing world best practice policies and procedures in our dealings with customer’s personal information.
Abbcon Associates will only collect personal information for specific purposes such as responding to enquiries, keeping customers informed of publications and products, and assisting us in improving our service. No personal information will be disclosed to other parties without the consent of the individual.
Any enquiries you may have regarding this matter should be referred to:
The Administration Manager
Abbcon Associates Pty Ltd
When Abbcon Associates wishes to collect personal information about an individual (such as name, contact information or other registration information) we will operate by these principles:
- We will expressly ask the individual for the personal information.
- When we ask the individual for personal information, we will advise how we intend to use that personal information if the individual chooses to give it to us. For instance, we may wish to use the personal information to personalise / tailor our services to the individual; to identify who we are communicating with or to inform the individual of further information relating to our services.
- If the individual wishes to review and make any necessary corrections to their personal information, they can e-mail their enquiry email@example.com
Why do we require personal information?
We collect, update and use personal information about individuals to develop and enhance our business relationship with them, including:
- To provide requested services, bill for our services and collect overdue payments.
- For the research and development of new products and services
- As part of our quality program
- To distribute Abbcon Associates publications
How we collect information
We will collect information directly from the individual, such as when the individual requests a product or service, when the individual participates in a quality program survey or when the individual has other dealings with us. On occasion Abbcon Associates receives referred associates from individuals already on our database. When this occurs Abbcon Associates will contact the referred individual and provide them the opportunity to opt in to giving their personal information.
Who will use the personal information?
Abbcon Associates will not share, sell or trade personal information to any external party.
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper based files. Only those employees of Abbcon Associates who perform services on the individual’s behalf are authorised to handle the personal information. Abbcon Associates take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required.
Access to personal information
Following a request, and in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act we will provide the individual with a copy of their personal information which we hold, except to the extent listed in clauses 6.1.c and 6.1.d. of the National Privacy Principles referred to in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
Comments or complaints
Abbcon Associates aims to ensure that all personal information is accurate, up-to-date and omplete. If an individual wishes to access or revise their personal information or believe that the privacy of their personal information at Abbcon Associates has been compromised they can contact our Administration Manager.
On the Abbcon Associates corporate web site we may provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control these sites we encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these third party sites. Abbcon Associates is not responsible for any practices on linked websites that might breach privacy.
For more information about privacy in general, please refer to the Privacy Commissioner’s website at: